Saturday, July 25, 2009
One with the Sea
The sea has always held me securely in its grasp. I never tire of the sound of the endless waves as they roll onto the shore and slip back, slowly receding into the tumbling surf. I find myself filled with wonder at the mystical strands of silvery moonlight that ripple across the ocean’s wide expanse, illuminating the surface covering the fathoms below. The pungent smell of the changing tide fills me with a sense of comfort, knowing that the sea is always close by, its allure ever-present, quietly summoning me to its shore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your description of the water makes me seem like I'm right there Lynne, hearing it, seeing it, and even smelling it! How relaxing it must be for you to live so near and be able to experience the things you write about in your blog post. I can't even remember the last time I saw the ocean.
ReplyDeleteYou have written a description of the sea that touches all the senses. What's more you have captured the seduction of the sea in your phrase about it summoning you to its shore. As I sit looking out at Casco Bay, I can only say that I know whereof you speak, or should I say write?
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful piece! So many colors and so many sounds and movements came to my mind from reading your piece. I love when you wrote 'ripple across the ocean's wide expanse'. You are so creative!
ReplyDelete