Located in Kahuku on the eastern shores of Oahu, Turtle Bay is one of those places that is enjoyable to escape to. My daughters, Sarah and Suzanne, Sarah's fiance, Greg, and I drove over the Pali and along shoreline to this beautiful resort for a two-day get-away. The meticulously cared-for grounds of the complex stretch out along a peninsula into the bay. Surrounded by surf and sand, this ocean playground is lined with stone pathways, and a series of pools and hot tubs. Pretty spectacular spot!
Walking along the beach this afternoon, I couldn't help but be amazed by the striking beauty of the ocean as it spread out before me, waves of blues and green weaving and intertwining themselves to blend seamlessly. Maybe I'm just so used to the waters of the Atlantic, but something just feels different when I look out over the immense Pacific. The ocean itself seems so much larger, more powerful, commanding a strong presence. I can understand how one can become enchanted with the sea, it's lure is spellbinding.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment